After reviewing the current information within Islamic jurisprudence context, and local and federal health organizations regarding the best response to Coronavirus/COVID 19, ICK has decided to suspend all on-site activities, including 5 daily prayers and Jumma until further notice, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.
The information we reviewed before making this tough decision:
- Approx. 70% of cases in the state of Kansas are in Johnson County
- Declaration of emergency by Johnson county and many other authorities including federal government with high recommendation of discouraging public gatherings
- Clear data that social distancing is one of the only effective solutions
- Other local masjids such as ICJC and ISGKC took the action of suspending all activities
- More emphasis from Islamic authorities and centers in USA and Muslim nations to pray at home
- Difficulty in enforcing preventive measures over the last week
- CDC issued a recommendation last night to limit gatherings to no more than 50 people
We will keep monitoring the situation and will keep you updated as soon as something changes.
Please be safe and follow the recommended health guidelines for the Coronavirus and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
JazakaAllah Khair and may Allah protect us.